Monday, December 12, 2016

Doppelgangers come in Mickey forms.



Doppelgangers come in many Mickey forms.


The last two weeks have been rough. Rough as in, I've been battling a cold and now it has settled in my chest.  I NEVER GET SICK!  I want to thank Ted Green for this. Ted and I work together at Red Red Wine and I suppose he decided that I needed a little glimpse into human reality of: EVERYONE GETS SICK THIS TIME OF YEAR. The season of giving and sharing has left me feeling like a deflated Mickey Mouse.

I was walking my dog the other morning. The wind was blowing, trees were creaking, and the ground had a frost.  My entire body felt as if I was 29 turning 97. It seemed as if Mother Nature had begun to administer Maryland with a wintery blast of pure punishment. Kohlo and I trucked on none-the-less.

We approached what looked like a shriveled...a shriveled....hmm...what the heck is it?...MICKEY MOUSE! "Oh, gosh, doesn't he look terrible" I thought. I immediately felt compassion and understanding for how Mickey looked. I could relate. We stood in front of him for a good minute analyzing his slouch and crumpled face, his googled eyes and ill-fitting hat. Poor Guy.

If my sickness could be summed up in one sad holiday decoration, it was this one. Thank you Mickey  for showing me my mirror image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment