Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Bay Bridge Buzzin'




Today was the last day that I will cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge for...well...good? or at least...who knows when again.

This bridge has been a fascination of mine since moving here 5 1/2 years ago. Every time I have ever driven across the bridge (weather permitting) I would roll the windows down, open the sunroof up and feel the wind, Earth and life breeze through me. For some reason crossing this bridge has energized me with life making me feel excited to be alive, grateful and powerful! 

If you put your hand out the window you can feel the strength of the wind through your fingers showing you what true power is. You can watch the seagulls glide next to you, amongst the rafters of the bridge and all around.  There are many spots to be seen where people had run into the guard rails in either deadly accidents or near-death experiences. The feeling of life this bridge gives me is incredible . Quick bended knee for all of those who have lost their lives on this regal structure...

Here are some fascinating Chesapeake Bay Bridge Facts:

*Original structure constructed in 1952, was known as the worlds longest continuous steel structure over a body of water. 

* The Parallel span completed in 1973

*4.3 miles long

*Actually named: Gov. William Preston Lane, Jr. Memorial Bridge. 

*186ft high







No comments:

Post a Comment